To all those Hindus who are ‘Hindu bashers’, atheists, monotheists, polytheists, pseudo westernised Indians and self-proclaimed intellectual geniuses who neither respect, follow nor care about Sanatani family traditions and values.
- Do you find Sanatani traditions stupid and superstitious?
- Do you think prayer ceremonies in temples or at home are nonsense?
- Did you know that Pujas, Aartis, bells, conch shells, incense, etc., are meant to help in achieving a single point of focus?
- Are you also one of those moronic people who say that Sanatanis worship idols?
- Did you know that the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita for example, is mainly about learning the art of mastering the mind?
- Did you know that Sanatanis do not believe in some ridiculous original sin and in fatalism but that true knowledge helps in overcoming negative past Karma and creating future positive Karma?
- Have you come across verses like these from the Bhagavad Gita?
Verse SBG 6:31 Krishna says, “He who worships Me residing in all beings in a spirit of unity, becomes a Yogi and, whatever circumstances he may be in, resides in Me.”
Verse SBG 13:27 “The person who truly sees is the one who sees the Supreme Bhagavan, existing equally in all beings, the unperishing within the perishing.”
Verse SBG 18.20 “That by which one sees the one indestructible Reality in all beings, undivided among the divided – you should know that knowledge to be Sattvic or pure.”
- Did you know that not just all people, but even all beings are to be treated equally?
Verse SBG 5:18 “People who are wise, treat equally a Brahmin endowed with learning and humility, a cow, an elephant, and even a person who cooks and eats dog meat.”
- Did you know that the Sanatana Dharma which was named ‘Hinduism’ by invading marauders, is neither a polytheistic nor a monotheistic philosophy but almost a monistic one and that the God referred to in the scriptures pertaining to the Satanana Dharma, is all pervasive and formless with no physical attributes?
- Did you know that all the Deities that Sanatanis pray to are different forms of the same eternal Supreme and Omnipresent Spirit?
- Did you know that the creation theory neither exists nor is accepted in the Sanatana Dharma which is based on the truth that everything is created, preserved and destroyed over and over again through extremely large periods of time?
- Do you know that asking a Sanatani a silly questions such as ‘Do you believe in God?’, makes no sense at all because Sanatanis believe in Advaita or Nondualism and not in some some white robed bearded man out there sitting in heaven watching people all the time?
- Do you know that Nondualism means Oneness and that God is everything and everything is God?
- Did you know that the Sanatana Dharma does not entice its followers with heaven or threaten them with hell and that such things don’t even exist in the philospohy?
- So you find Sanatani traditions funny (which is actually due to your own ignorance), but you don’t mind accepting stories spread by foreign cults that their god who later on sent his own son to suffer for the sins committed by humans he created, made a ‘flat earth’, ‘fixed the skies’ on it using invisible pillars, created the animals and birds etc. in six days and took rest on the seventh, do you?
- Do you realise that pseudo westernisation and mental slavery under western masters weakens the sense of identity and cohesiveness among Indians who have been surviving constant conversion attempts by foreign cults using all kinds of tactics possible?
- Do you know how foreign religions managed to enter the great land of Bharat Varsh which taught the world how to count? Well, they converted people using two methods. One was through terror and the other, through deceit.
- Did you know that the converts of today are actually victims of extreme historical atrocities and fraud?
- Do agree that if any one of your ancestors had either buckled under pressure due to torture or had fallen for the trickery of missonaries, you would have belonged to some strange foreign cult and not to our great philosophy which does not prescribe your beheading for disrespecting it or its followers?
- Doesn’t this mean that your and my ancestors were great and intelligent folks who were proud of their own identity, faith, traditions and philosophy and that is how and why they did not convert to some ridiculous foreign cult?
- Do you still say that you don’t respect your forefathers and your Sanatani family traditions?
The least you can do for your amazing ancestors is to respect and preserve the traditions they followed, which have made you what you are today and have given you the freedom to think and to live life the way you want.
NEXT – FAQs – Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism) for dummies