Recently, a number of Dhanu Rashians (Moonsign Sagittarius) and Makar Rashians (Moonsign Capricorn) have contacted me telling me about new difficulties that have all of a sudden cropped up in their lives.
I would like to stress on an important fact that not everyone is badly hit by Sadé Sati. However, it would be sensible for someone under Sadé Sati to act in a precautious manner, and yet not give any room for pessimistic thoughts and ideas.
Of course, there must be a lot of people (who are doing well), who would tell you that Astrology, Sadé Sati, Mantras and all that philosophy stuff are nonsense. Well, that’s what people who are happy and successful in everything would normally say. That is in one way the result of the illusion caused by the ego – or rather, the ‘I’ in a person. When things go well, they are under the impression that they created it all but the moment things begin to go wrong, even they begin to blame the stars! That’s when they realise that they were merely participants in whatever happened. People who feel they are affected by SS (Sadé Sati), will need to first understand what SS and its significance are.
Before you proceed, I would suggest that you make a firm decision right now – Whether you would like to become an astrologer or if your priority would be to only choose the right direction on the great Karmic crossroad in your life that you are in right now. This is a very important decision to make because, invariably, people who are in trouble, land up among pessimists.
They waste time discussing Vedic Astrology instead of working on identifying the problem and its cause with the aim of finding a solution. It becomes a weakness for many people and also something very important for a lot of bearded and ochre robed babas and gurus who capitalise on it, make hell of a lot of money out of it and end up growing rich and fat.
When things suddenly start going wrong, people turn frustrated and angry about their own destiny. This causes disturbances in the mind and when the mind is not calm, people tend to take wrong decisions and commit big blunders which could have serious repercussions in the future. Such a state of mind shows on the face and it also greatly affects the aura of a person making them less attractive to people, to favourable situations, and to good opportunities.
In order to be able to maintain balance and calm and in order to learn to face bad ‘Karmic’ weather and actually to benefit from it, it would make sense to do the following for a period of 6 months from the time of realisation. This should be continued further because it will certainly contribute in personality development and in growing wiser.
Remember, if you have been really hit by Sadé Sati, it will take some time until your situation stabilises itself and gets better. Sorry, but that’s how it is but of course, there are ways to avoid suffering the pain and converting your troubles into stepping stones on your Karmic journey.
Before you continue reading, make a resolution to NEVER fall in the deadly trap of SELF-PITY and discussing pains and problems with others! Talking negative is sheer waste of time and will not be of any use to you at all. Instead, you could discuss with others under Sadé Sati about the methods you follow in order to counter difficulties and stay afloat. You could be creative in finding new ways to handle the situation. Once you have cleared this period, you will be thankful for it because it would have changed you a lot and would have made you wiser, stronger and better prepared to handle the enormous success that you will be blessed with later on in life!
Sorry to break this to you, but you will have to develop your virtue of PATIENCE because you are going to need a lot of it.
The 6 month ‘Sadé Sati adaptation’ programme
- Learn the Five Pearls well and practise them.
- Take utmost care of your health. Give up any vices you have. Start going to a fitness centre or go for brisk walks. You could also train at home. Eat healthy and Sattvik food. Before going into anything spiritual, make sure that your body which houses your brain within which your mind works, is feeling well and strong.
SBG 17:08 Foods which increase life, purity, strength, health, joy and cheerfulness, which are savoury, substantial and agreeable, are dear to the Sattvic people.
- Be prepared to lose some friends. Never mind, it is a cleansing period and all those people who are destined to be with you will be there with you and others will leave. People play different roles in each other’s lives which are essential for their respective Janmas. But you should never show anyone the door because throwing someone out attracts heavy Karma. It amounts to conceit, arrogance and to having scanty respect for destiny that brought that person into your life in the first place.
- Look for holes in your wallet and in your bank account. Cut down overheads that are not that important. Totally avoid unnecessary buying and spending. Eat an apple or some light snack before you go to the supermarket because that will help you cut down on impulsive buying which is usually the result of a hungry stomach! Think ten times before spending money and get into the habit of saving. Get a big image of Maa Lakshmi and pray to her everyday. Respect Her, love Her, admire Her and promise Her that you would use the money She gives you very wisely and also for purposes that fall under the Fifth Pearl – Social Responsibility. Lakshmi is the consort of Krishna so do everything to respect Her and please Her!
- Understand that there are no Karmic punishments but only learning experiences which will enrich you (the Atman) with knowledge.
- Learn to fix your mind on Krishna. Read the Gita. Below is a video with 128 selected verses from the Gita which helps in the study of the Gita. Work on smoothening life by balancing your Karma.
- ‘Outweigh’ negative Karma with positive Karma.
SBG 8:07 Therefore, at all times, think only of Me and fight. With your mind and intellect fixed in Me, you will come to Me.
- Shut down the arguing, denying, refuting and swearing part of your mind and get into the habit of listening to what others have to say. Don’t forget that what others say is free information for you. You will need to develop extreme patience and modesty. Being modest certainly does not mean belittling yourself but being grateful for what you are and what you have and at the same time, being respectful to others.
- Be prepared to go through a period of receiving insults and also finding it tough to manage anger.
- Pay attention to each and every comment that people make about you or against you and note them down because that will help you in the introspection you will be doing quite often.
- Remember not to hate those speaking bad about you. They are actually mediums through which your inner Self speaks with you in order to educate you.
- If someone hates you, it’s either because you are too good or because you are too bad. Nobody would even bother to talk to you or talk about you unless you made some difference!
- When someone harms you or attempts to harm you, you need to know that you must be really good at something or you must have something that others don’t have.
- Be careful not to take instantaneous or drastic decisions like quitting a job, closing down a business, or breaking up with someone.
- You are in no way inferior to others. All are the same before Krishna –
SBG 9:29 “I am the same to all living beings. There is no one who is repulsive or dear to Me. But those who worship with devotion are in Me and I too am in them.”
- Planets don’t conspire to destroy people and so don’t be upset with that huge planet Saturn which can accomodate over 700 earths within its belly! Try to understand the metaphor behind Sadé Sati, the Sanatani ritual practices and of reciting Shani and other Mantras. They help in clearing the mind and in streamlining thoughts which ultimately are the main causes behind everything that happens in life.
- A clouded mind causes doubts that lead to destruction and therefore working on mastering the mind should be given top priority.
SBG 4:40 The ignorant, the faithless and the doubting proceed to destruction. For the one who doubts, there is happiness neither in this world nor in the other.
- NEVER get into the ‘WHY ME’ trip or state of mind! It will only make you weak and vulnerable to people who will take advantage of your situation. Do not become a victim of your own negative thoughts.
- Learn and master the ‘So what’ attitude. Whatever happens, just think or say, ‘So what’ and keep moving. Situations don’t cause sadness, pain or depression but thinking of them, does. The ‘So what’ attitude will help you stop comparing yourself with others and your life with that of others.
- Take up a course or do something to further improve your skills at work. You could also consider learning a new language or trying your hand at some new hobby.
- Remember – No one is hurting you or doing anything against you – most certainly not that huge ringed planet! The tough time will pass and you will emerge a much better person than you ever were.
अनन्याश्चिन्तयन्तो मां ये जनाः पर्युपासते |
तेषां नित्याभियुक्तानां योगक्षेमं वहाम्यहम् || ९ २२ ||
ananyaash chintayanto maam ye janaah paryupaasate
teshaam nityaabhi yuktaanaam yogakshemam vahaamyaham (SBG 9:22)
SBG 9:22 To those people who worship Me alone, thinking of no other, I ensure that they get what they want and preserve what they have.
With Krishna our Divine Father, Best Friend and Teacher in your heart, nothing unbearable will ever happen.
Jai Shri Krishna.